Trip to Shenzhen 2018
I got to spend two days in Shenzhen at the tail end of a vacation. I love hitting up the markets in Huaqiang Road. Makers paradise. Below is a list of the things that I picked up.
- LED Strip 12V SMD2835 Neon Light Round Line - I have purchased a lot of “Neon Light roap” in the past with mixed results. It was good to actually touch an feel it before buying it.
- 400 illuminuted rocker switch - Wantted to create a version of Simone Giertz, The Everyday calendar. But when I got home I found that the 12v LED switches are actually 110v neon switches. Ugh.
- NESPI Case - A retro PI case with a set of controllers.
- TOMO S4 4 x 18650 Li-ion Battery DIY Smart Power Bank Charger - Neat power bank and charger for 18650 Li-ion Battery.
- LED “firework” lightbulb - A neat infinity mirror light bulb. BigClive has a good breakdown of how it works.
- MC2 video purse - LED video wall on a purse that is very hackable.
- Copper led “fairy light” - Cheap LED fairy wire. I use it to add a bit of light to projects.
- RUIDENG UM24/UM24C USB 2.0 Color LCD Display Tester Voltage - Lots of features used to determin how much current a USB charger is using. Logs to CSV. Very userful for my LEDs projects.
- LED rings (8x 16x 24x 35x 45x) - More LEDS
- LED grid panel 16x16 - More LEDS
- Mini LED Controller DC 5-24V SP002E WS2812B WS2811 WS2812 SK6812 RGB Dimmer - A neat little LED tester that I used to test LED rings and panels. These are cheap (>$1) and you can power them with a power bank.
- Cheap drone - Cost less then 10 CAD and works.
Leave a comment