Vancouver now lets you to report crimes in Vancouver online. I have been broken in to twice, my bike stolen 3 times and ‘misplaced’ my digital camera 5 times. Every time I call Vancouver’s non emergency phone number 604-717-3321 wait on hold for what seems like hours and report it. I don’t ever expect it to be recovered but I feel an obligation to report it.
Vancouver police finnely upgraded there site to web 2.0 and let people report small crimes online as long as they fit in to one of the following categories.
- You have lost something that costs less than $5000.
- Someone has stolen something from you that costs less than $5000.
- Someone has vandalized your property or car.
- Someone has broken into your car.
- Someone has used your credit card, bank card, or cheques without your permission and you have lost less than $5000.
All other crimes will require a police officer, please call 604-717-3321 (non-emergency line) immediately.
its still a pain to get your stuff stolen but at lest its easier to report it now.
I was first told about this new service from the good people at citizenvancouver.com Thanks