A little while ago i got assigned to do an audit of all the PCs in our network. I could have taken the time to check every one of the computes one by one and write down what hardware was on each one but that would have taken the whole day instead I used this nice utility that took 15min to audit 30 computers.One of the nicest features about this utility is that it can create full HTML reports of everything on your system. It also is a portable exe (no install required) so I was able to run it from a USB stick.
SIW gives detailed information about your computer properties and settings, detailed specs for:
- Software: Operating System, Installed Software and Hotfixes, Processes, Services, Users, Open Files, System Uptime, Installed Codecs, Licenses.
- Hardware: Motherboard, Sensors, BIOS, CPU, chipset, PCI/AGP, USB and ISA/PnP Devices, Memory, Video Card, Monitor, Disk Drives, CD/DVD Devices, SCSI Devices, S.M.A.R.T., Ports, Printers.
- Network: Network Cards, Network Shares, currently active Network Connections, Open Ports.
- Tools: Password Recovery, Reveal lost passwords hidden behind asterisks, Product Keys and Serial Numbers (CD Key), MAC Address Changer, Shutdown / Restart.
- Real-time monitors: CPU, Memory, Page File usage and Network Traffic.
It’s worth taking a look at, I was very impressed.