One Line Pitch
A poster of level maps for classic 80s and 90s video games, nostalgia
Create a poster of the maps of levels from classic 80s and 90s video games.
- Mario brothers 3 - Each level could be stacked on top of each other as most of them are a flat plane. Because there are so many levels, maybe just the first world or a selection of 10 most iconic levels from across all the worlds. Sprite map
- Super Mario Kart - The race course outlines simple line drawings from above. Tiled across the poster. This could be super minimalistic without any labels.
- Doom - Same as Mario Kart with line drawings for each map, titled across the poster. Minimalistic with no labels. If you know then you know.
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - The world map is an easy poster.
- Chrono Trigger - The world map across the ages. One map for each age. 65 Million BC, 12,000 BC, 600 AD, 1000 AD (altered, and unaltered), 1999 AD, 2300 AD.. For the postere I would make a circle of these different world maps.
- Metroid - An overly complex world map of the entire game. Lots of color and very intricate.
- Others: Mega Man, DuckTales,
- I like the minimalist versions of the world maps. Just enough so that people who have played the game would recognize it while others would see it as a bunch of squiggly lines. If you know then you know, Secret knowledge, ingroup
- Overwhelming detail. Some of the games have huge maps, filling a poster where each level only takes up an inch or more to show how large the game truly is.
- NES Maps - They used Emplators to take screenshots and replicate the maps. They have a shop where they sell posters. The posters are true to the source material but aren’t interesting.
- Nintendo power magazines and strategy guides
- Doom maps pen plotter
- Doom maps laser cut - HackerNews
Man caves, and people who live for nostalgia. I would probably get sued if I tried to make and sell these.