Idea 27 - Print on demand Keyboard Keycaps
This post is part of the 100 project ideas project. #The100DayProject. I am looking for feedback. Comment below or DM me via social media Instagram, Twitter.
One Line Pitch
A website that lets users upload their own glyphs/images for the top of keycaps
A keyboard designer tool built into a website that allows users to build custom keycaps that are made or ordered (Print on demand) with lots of options.
- Keycap profiles: OEM, Cherry, SA, XDA, DSA, ASA, GK1, GK2, G20, MDA
- Colors: Full RGB whatever the dye sublimation printer allows for
- Dye sublimation, UV printing, Double shot ABS, Resin Cast
- Opaque or semi transparent
- Custom glyphs/images for the top of keycaps
- Keycap Sets: full-size, tenkeyless, or 60%, etc…
- Material: ABS or PBT plastic, or even keycaps made of metal or wood
3rd party artists can upload their own patterns and sell them for a profit.
3rd party artists can upload their own STL files and molds can be made for resin cast keycaps.
This service can be used to create Idea 7 - Emoji Macro Pad Keyboard.
Sometimes you find the exact implementation that you were thinking of doing, only better. This is one of thous cases.
- WASD Keyboards does exactly what I was looking for only better and has been doing it for years. They even have a great tool for designing keyboard caps.
Keyboard nerds. People looking for something unique to get as a gift for the nerds in their life.
Leave a comment