How to disable AVG 7 temporarily.Feb 22, 2008 Edit
There are various reasons to disable your anti virus temporarily. AVG 7 does not make it easy to disable it.
- Right click on the AVG icon in your system tray (bottom right next to the clock)
- Select "Launch AVG Free Control Center"
- On the Security status page, you should see a list of items with green check boxes next to them.
- Right click on "Resident shield" and select "Properties"
- Un check "Turn on AVG Free resident Shield protectio"
- Click OK
Remember to re-enable the virus scanner when you are done doing what ever you are doing.