The Vancouver Independant Game Designers Association chapter coordinators cordially invite entrants to create a unique board game based on one of three classic arcade titles: ROBOTRON - JOUST - SPACE INVADERS. This is a FREE event to enter as a designer or player. Spectators are also welcome! This is a perfect chance to prove you’re old school credability, play some games, and win cool prizes.
Games must conform to the following formatting conditions:
- 2-4 players
- Rule set: clear articulation of play & winning conditions
- Arcade themed board with clearly demarcated playing surface
- Dice, Cards, Spinners or Tokens acceptable play components
- Game should top out at 30 minutes play time
Entrants can be individuals or teams. Don’t forget to bring all of your equipment! Winners will be decided by our celebrity-judging panel based on the following criteria:
- Fun Factor: replay value and ease of use
- Innovation: creative interpretation encouraged! No joust-opoly please...
- Presentation: show us your mad artistic skills!
Prizes courtesy of STRATEGIES Games & Hobbies and the IGDA Vancouver. We ask that designers show up at Strategies by 6PM Sharp! to ensure you can set up your games for a 6:30 start. Here is an jpg file so you can spread the word! For more information please contact Su Skerl.
Update (08/April/2007) - The results have been posted on IGDA website