Butter fried bacon wrapped filet MignonApr 26, 2010 Edit
In response to a friends post about buttersteak-mignon and his harassment about my not cooking any more I decided to construct the most delicious steak ever made.
- 2 (2-inch thick filet mignon steaks (2 pounds each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, crushed raspberry, cheery tomatoes, hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 4 garlic cloves
- Bacon 6mm thick (super thick)
- Fry up some bacon in a pan, the bacon should still be soft. Do not drain the bacon grease.
- Lightly sear the sides of the filet mignon steaks in the bacon grease...
- Wrap the bacon around the filet mignon steaks using WOODEN toothpicks to hold it place.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the bacon grease.
- Add 4 crushed garlic cloves,
- Sear the flat sides of the filet mignon steaks.
- let sit for 5 mins
- Serve with salad, (avocado, raspberry vinaigrette, baby greens, hemp hearts)