Acrylic Christmas Ornaments version 1Nov 15, 2012 Edit
I got some time on VHS’s laser cuter tonight and was able cut up the first version of the ornaments. They still need some work.
- The "P" and "O" look dumb with the inner section filled in. I left the filled in because I wanted to keep the strength up from the inner ring and outer ring. It was a mistake.
- The cut snowflake in the center looks rough and out of place.
For next time I think I will actually use an image for the snow flake and engrave it in the center instead of cutting it. I am also going to try a few different fonts to see what works.
The first design was made with Adobe Illustrator but I only had a trial of the software that has run out. I am going to try CorelDraw next to see if its any better.
I also cut a wooden Settlers of Catan tile but it also did not turn out very well. I am going to try it again with different laser cutter settings to see if that helps.