This is my updated podcast list for Feb 2019. My previous list from Nov 2016.
- Reply All - A podcast about the internet’ that is actually an unfailingly original exploration of modern life and how to survive it. A good episode to start with is: #102 Long Distance
- 10 Things That Scare Me - A tiny podcast about our biggest fears. Everyone has fears, you are not alone in your fears. A good episode to start with is: Jad Abumrad
- Embedded.fm - Embedded.fm is a podcast dedicated to the many aspects of engineering. They talk about the how, why, and what of engineering, usually devices. A good episode to start with is: 275: Don’t do what the computer tells you
- Hello Internet - CGP Grey and Dr. Brady Haran talk about random things. A good episode to start with is: H.I. #109: Twitter War Room
- EscapePod - Short stories from some of today’s best science fiction stories. A good episode to start with is: Escape Pod 630: Midnight Blue, Escape Pod 652: And Then There Were (N-One), and Escape Pod 644: The Revolution, Brought to You by Nike
- The Dollop - @thedollop, Patreon The Dollop is a bi-weekly* American History Podcast. Every week, Dave Anthony reads a story to his friend, Gareth Reynolds, who has no idea what the topic is going to be about. A good episode to start with is: 150 - James Sullivan and the 1904 Olympic Games.
- Freakonomics - @freakonomics Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by University of Chicago economist Steven Levitt and New York Times journalist Stephen J. Dubner. A good episode to start with is: How to Optimize Your Apology (Ep. 353).
- RadioLab - @Radiolab Radiolab is a show about curiosity. Where sound illuminates ideas, and the boundaries blur between science, philosophy, and human experience. A good episode to start with is: kg.
- This American Life - @thisamerlife There’s a theme to each episode of This American Life, and a variety of stories on that theme. Most of the stories are journalism, with an occasional comedy routine or essay. There’s lots more to the show, but it’s sort of hard to describe. A good episode to start with is: 129 Cars. .
- 99 Percent Invisible - @99piorg 99% Invisible is about all the thought that goes into the things we don’t think about — the unnoticed architecture and design that shape our world. A good episode to start with is: Structural Integrity
Stopped listening to
- Snap Judgment - @SnapJudgment Snap Judgment is a weekly storytelling, Each episode is made up of narrative pieces on a common theme.
- The Moth - The Moth Podcast features re-airs of all new episodes of The Moth Radio Hour, plus additional stories from our vast archive recorded over the past two decades. Episodes are released every Tuesday. @TheMoth
- How I Built This - @HowIBuiltThis How I Built This is a podcast about innovators, entrepreneurs, and idealists, and the stories behind the movements they built. Each episode is a narrative journey marked by triumphs, failures, serendipity and insight — told by the founders of some of the world’s best known companies and brands. If you’ve ever built something from nothing, something you really care about — or even just dream about it