Things to do in vancouverFeb 24, 2007 Edit
A small personal list of what to do in vancouver
- Treetops Adventure - Treetops Adventure is the newest of Capilano Suspension Bridge's attractions and the first venue of its kind in North America, offering a squirrel's eye view of a thriving coastal forest. Visitors venture from one magnificent Douglas fir tree to another on a series of elevated suspension bridges, some reaching as high as 100 feet (30m) above the forest floor. Guided nature tours and the Kids' Rainforest Explorer program are some of the activities that enhance this unique rainforest encounter. Recognized for extraordinary innovation with national and provincial tourism and engineering awards, a walk on Treetops Adventure has emerged as one of Vancouver's quintessential activities.
- Stanley Park, Vancouver's first park, is an evergreen oasis of 400 hectares (1,000 acres) close to the heart of Vancouver's downtown core. Its natural west coast atmosphere offering a back drop of majestic cedar, hemlock and fir trees embraces visitors and transports them to an environment rich in tranquility.
- Queen elizabeth park The top of this beautifully maintained 52 hectare (130 acre) park is the highest point in the city, at 167m (505 ft) above sea level. From the lookouts, visitors have a 360 degree view of the Vancouver skyline. The park receives nearly 6 million visitors a year who marvel at its superior standard of garden plantings.
- Vancouver Aquarium [Beluga Cam]
- Granville Island 
- The Grouse Grind
- Wreck beach, Jericho Beach (Webcam), Kitsilano Beach, Spanish Banks.
- See a movie in Tinseltown
- Go have breakfast at The Elbow Room on Davie street, about 2 blocks east of Granville. GREAT food, and the waiters will HECKLE you, they are halarious, and it is great fun.
- La Casa Gelato Venables Street, a few blocks west of Clark Drive, (they have a billion flavors of ice cream, like, Corn, Beer, Tequila, Pistachio, Rice, Wasabi, Curry, Balsamic Vinigrette... and all the traditional favorites!)
- Goto Chinatown and Little India.
- Science World on a day you are feeling fun and silly, you should make a point of checking out their OMNIMAX theatre. CRAZY FUN.
- Explore Commercial Drive. Thoroughly
- A hookah in The Persian Tea House on Davie and Granville.
- Open Mic's and and local/indie music
- Zen Garden in China town.
- Anime shops in China town.
- Farmer's Market at Trout Lake Park
- Little India (40th and Oak area)
- lynn canyon suspension bridge (free) Swiming too
- sunset from the top of capitol hill
- comedy at the granville island theatre
- Tower Beach as the sun rises
- chinatown in the summer. They have the midnight market. All kindsa food and insanity till midnight on weekends. SO RAD! Happens in richmond too
- Bons on Broadway is a wicked little place on Tuesdays. They have their $3 breakfast, and $2 pints of beer! After about 6pm it cleans out to young people all in for the beer special
- And The Blarney Stone has actually been taken over by new owners, as of last week. They fired the whole staff ( some of which have been working there for 10 years ) and have plans to re-vamp the whole place into a "nicer" pub that is open during the day as well. It's not going to be the same :(
- If you're looking for good pub's with Pool tables check out the Cambie or The Bourbon. They always have good people in it, and it's always a load of fun where you are guarenteed to meet new people.
- Squamish chieftain
- Lighthouse Park 
- VanDusen Botanical Garden