Notes from April 2017Apr 1, 2017 Edit
Some of the things that I have found interesting in April 2017. This page is updated throughout the month of April. See March 2017 for the previous month.
- Google’s AnyPixel - is an open-source software and hardware library that makes it possible to use the web to create big, unusual, interactive displays. Anyone can fork the code and the schematics to create their own display at any scale.
- Drinkable tequila cloud - The cloud generator uses ultrasonic devices to vibrate the tequila molecules until they form a fine mist. The mist is delivered outward towards the sculpture, where a delicious cloud forms. From there, the cloud literally rains tequila out into its original, drinkable tequila form
- espurna - ESPurna (“spark” in Catalan) is a custom firmware for ESP8266 based smart switches. It was originally developed with the IteadStudio Sonoff in mind but now it supports a growing number of ESP8266-based boards. It uses the Arduino Core for ESP8266 framework and a number of 3rd party libraries.
- Mandala on XCarve
- $18 E-paper IoT door sign - 4.3 inch E-paper office door sign. IoT with display contents updated with WIFI, long lasting battery and its USB charger
- EPaper display badge - This 104x212 resolution epaper graphic display module is an excellent choice for applications where power is severely constrained. Once the image is shown on this EPD (Electronic Paper Display), it will remain visible using zero power.The 3-level grayscale + red eink glass allows clean rendering of small fonts and fine detail.
- The Cubic Cyphercon badge - 3D code con puzzle box badge.
- blog.squix - A series of project for the ESP8266 and other maker related devices.
- ESP8266 based Plane Spotter
- ESP8266 deauther - Deauthentication attack and other hacks using an ESP8266. Also shows how to gain access to the promiscuous for scanning packets.
- Burned Your Tweet - A robot that burns the tweets from @realDonaldTrump
- Tobacco smoke Enema - The tobacco smoke enema, an insufflation of tobacco smoke into the rectum by enema, was a medical treatment employed by European physicians for a range of ailments.
- STRAFE® banned commercial - 1996 FPS commercial
- Fake UI for film - Case studdies of how to face computer GUI for films.
- Posters for different File formats - GIF, JPG, EXE
- Shodan - Shodan is the world’s first search engine for Internet-connected devices.
- counterfeit rice - Rice from china that is made of plastic pellets. Snopes
- These websites could change your life - A list of website that have changed peoples lives. Hackernews post
Local / BC / Vancouver
- An Unforgettable Road Trip to 5 Canadian National Parks in 5 Days - Banff, Kootenay, Yoho, Jasper, Vision Quest Trail, Sylvan Lake, Waterton
Movies TV / Music
- Getting Started with CNC: Personal Digital Fabrication with Shapeoko and Other Computer-Controlled Routers
- Design for CNC: Practical Joinery Techniques, Projects, and Tips for CNC-Routed Furniture Paperback
- Getting Started with 3D Carving: Five Step-by-Step Projects to Launch You on Your Maker Journey
- HARBOUR - Harbour is a worker placement game where players move their worker from building to building, collecting and trading Fish, Livestock, Wood, and Stone; and cashing those resources in to purchase buildings (which are the worker placement spots) from the central pool. Once a building is purchased, it is replaced from the deck, and the central pool is a small subset of the deck, and is therefore different every game. Table Top playthough
- Jing - Screenshots and gif from movies tools
- Home Assistant - Home Assistant is an open-source home automation platform running on Python 3. Track and control all devices at home and automate control. Perfect to run on a Raspberry Pi.
- Drones and robots weave carbon-fibre pavilion based on moth webs
- High Trestle Trail Art Bridge Woodward to Madrid Iowa